The Orthopaedics department offers the following services:
- Total Hip Arthroplastics
- Total Knee Arthroplastics
- Arthroscopic Surgery of major joints
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Sports Injuries
- Spine Surgery
It consists of state-of-the-art equipment and specialized doctors that implement the newest surgical methods for orthopedic lesions and injuries: Osteosynthesis for spine, as well as for upper and lower limbs fractures, with minimally invasive techniques.
- Treatment of elderly hip fractures with modern techniques, for immediate rehabilitation
- Spine surgery: spinal fusion, scoliosis, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, especially for osteoporotic fractures and epidural injections. MISS (Minimal invasive spine surgery). Arthroscopy spine
- Nerve root blocks
- Sports Injuries Surgery: Knee, shoulder, hip, elbow, ankle and wrist arthroscopy, rehabilitation of meniscus, tendon, cruciate ligament, and musculotendinous cuff ruptures, injuries of the synovial cartilage, cartilage transplant, and treatment with autologous factors, cartilage transplantation
- Arthroplasty for hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, finger joints of legs and arms, with latest generation prostheses manufactured in the most renowned foreign labs and minimally invasive operations.
- Successful replacement of any hip or knee arthroplasty by experienced surgeons
- Foot surgery bunion
- Open and endoscopic carpal tunnel aperture
- Hand surgery
- Bronchial plexus surgery
- Needle and guided biopsy, with a CT scanner for bone and joints lesions
- Treatment of bone and joints infections with surgery and mild therapy, in cooperation with specialized infectious diseases doctors.
- Orthopeadic Oncology
- Custom made prothesis
- Systemic Diseases
PATIENT SPECIFIC TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT
A new method of ‘Total knee Athroplasty’ is introduced to Evangelismos Hospital by the Orthopaedic Team of Dr Dimitris Aspros MD, FRCS, FEBOT and Dr Stathis Tourvas, FRCS.
It is well known that the implants used in knee replacements need to be correctly aligned within the body to reduce implant wear and improve the implant performance.
For this reason, our team has adopted a revolutionary method of computerized personalized Total Knee Replacement by Smith and Nephew - a system that uses your own MRI and X-Ray images to design and build surgical instruments customized specifically for your unique knee anatomy.
These streamlined instruments potentially offer several patient advantages:
- Less time in surgery - Because this Patient Matched Technology method removes multiple steps from the traditional knee replacement process your time under anaesthesia is reduced. This helps limit blood loss and lower concerns such as infection, heart failure or stroke.
- Less invasive procedure with a shorter scar, less bone removal, reduced post-surgical pain and a faster return to your normal life.
- A more precisely placed implant which will prevent premature or excessive wear of the implant and extend its lifespan.
Dr. Alexios Agapidis
Dr. Demetris Aspros
Dr. Marios Kyriakou
Dr. Savvas Ag. Lykoudis
Dr. Alexandros Paraskevopoulos
Dr. Theodosis Petrides